Your barbecue summer is saved by these 9 superfine marinades
This is how you transform your simple chicken breast into a delicious grilled dish. Easy peasy.
Dear people, the local grill culture needs improvement – an unfortunate fact that could be observed during the recent hot weekends with the obligatory grill invitations: on the grill are still placed on the grill and cooked to the driest. Or you can buy one of those strangely orange, pre-marinated pieces of meat in the supermarket. Well, maybe you can cover everything with a Heinz sauce at the end.
People! There is still room for improvement! We can do better.
Nothing against a good bratwurst, but with the least effort you can benefit much more from a barbecue evening. The keyword is: marinated!
- There are numerous versions of marinades: sweet, sour, spicy, vinegar-, oil- or yogurt-based and and and.
- How long the grilled food should be marinated depends on the recipe, of course. But as a rough rule: beef, lamb or pork can be marinated for 6-12 hours. Chicken up to 4 hours. Fish and vegetables about 30 minutes to 1 hour. If marinating contains a lot of lemon juice, vinegar or other acid, it should not be marinated for too long anyway (less than 2 hours).
- Is the barbecue party spontaneous and nighttime marinade in the fridge isn’t on the cards? Hey, even half an hour is better than nothing, especially since you can (and should!) Sprinkle the pieces with the remaining marinade while grilling.
- You can mix everything in a bowl and add the meat (or meat substitute). But resealable fresh bags are best suited for this. So the marinade reaches everywhere. And pushing it is such a nice feeling. mmm
So here they come: 9 superfine, super simple Marinades to save your BBQ summer!
(Of course, the corresponding appropriate meat alternatives are always targeted here.)
(All ingredient lists reflect more or less servings for 4 people. More or less.)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1.5 tp ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (and more per serving)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation: Unless otherwise stated: mix all ingredients. Food to be grilled in a freezer bag or similar. let marinate. Drain the food to be grilled before placing it on the grill. Glaze the roasted food with the remaining marinade while grilling.
Indian yogurt piece marinade
- Lamb (lamb chops are very good for this), beef, roasted vegetables
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts, briefly roasted in a dry pan
- 500 g Greek yogurt
- 3 green peppers
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons garlic, squeezed
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg (=‹Mask›), or 2 flowers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil (you can find it in your Asian market)
- salt to taste
- serve: fresh mint, finely chopped
Put the pieces in a blender, just cover with water and clean. Add all other ingredients and puree.
- 8 ml white rum
- 5 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped (15 g)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 tablespoon rock salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 2 limes (plus 1-2 additional limes for decoration)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Marinated black pepper vodka
Image: watson / obi
- Steaks and other grilled slices of beef.
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley (flat parsley)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tablespoon dried thyme)
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 80 ml of vodka
- 60 ml of oil
- 1/2 star anise
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 capsicum
- 7 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste from the jar
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 2 tp cinnamon powder
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 35 ml apple or Maltese vinegar
- 5 tablespoons honey or (better) palm sugar
- 150 ml of tomato paste
Put all the ingredients in a blender and clean.
Hawaiian pineapple marinated
- Pork, chicken (like embroidery, for example …)
- 250 g pieces of pineapple, crushed
- 80 ml soy sauce
- 80 ml of honey
- 60 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- ½ spoon ground helmets
Gently mash a pineapple in a mortar; add the remaining ingredients and mix.
While grilling, glaze the roasted food with the remaining marinade
“Pretty dirty, but sadly cool” marinade
- Chicken, … or whatever you want
- 2 dl «Italian salad dressing» or similar from the supermarket
- 1 bag (30 g) of “Taco Mix” spice mix from the supermarket
Marinated Lemon Honey Olive Oil
Image: watson / obi
- Lamb (especially fine lamb chops, but also lamb hooves, for example), pork or chicken.
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, grated peel and juice
- 2 tp dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 60 ml of oil
- salt and pepper
Sriracha Marinated Steel
- Chickens, pork neck steaks, spare ribs
- 6 ml soy sauce
- 6 ml maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce