Making vegan lentil soup is not difficult. It makes a good appetizer, but along with a piece of bread it also makes a full main meal. In this article you will find a simple basic recipe.
Vegan lentil soup contains a lot vegetable protein and is very satisfying. Lentils are rich in fiber and contains many minerals and trace elements such as iron, magnesium and potassium. Because lentils can be kept dry and dark for a long time, you get the little ones legumes to be sold throughout the year.
Vegan lentil soup: the recipe
You need the following ingredients for 4 servings of vegan lentil soup as a beginner:
- 250 g lenses (mountain lenses or beluga lenses)
- 300 g extra vegetables (leeks, carrots and celery, or according to the season and taste)
- 2-3 potatoes
- 1 strain
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 liter of water
- black pepper
- 1 bunch of parsley
If you want to clean the soup, you will need a hand mixer.
- soaking time: 6-12 hours
- Prepare time: 20 minutes
- Prepare time: 30-40 minutes
Use food for the vegan slow soup organic seal: They contain no chemical synthesis pesticides and comes from organic farming.
Also, if possible you should regional products Buy. These have shorter transport routes and therefore leave a smaller footprint carbon footprint. You can get freshly harvested or preserved regional vegetables almost all year round. You can find more information about the seasons of different types of vegetables in the Utopia Seasonal Calendar.
This is how you prepare the vegan lentil soup
Suitable for vegan slow soup beluga lenses or mountain lenses especially good. Red lenses you should use them only if you want to clean the soup, as they break easily.
The preparation of vegan slow soup is very simple:
- First you have to Soak lentils. Wash them thoroughly and soak them in plenty of water overnight.
- Discard lenses that float to the top, as they are probably inedible.
- Remove the root parts and the dark, dry leaves from the leeks. Cut it in half lengthwise and then wash it. Cut the leek into thin strips.
- Peel the carrots, celery and potatoes and cut the vegetables into pieces.
- Peel the onion and cut into rings.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry the onion cubes until translucent, stirring constantly, and add the remaining vegetables.
- Lightly fry the vegetables as well. Keep moving so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
- Drizzle the vegetables with water and add the lentils to the pot.
- Add a sprig of fresh thyme or something dried thyme and add half a teaspoon of salt.
- Cover and let the vegan lentil soup simmer over low heat until the lentils and vegetables are tender. Depending on the type of lens, this lasts about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop the parsley.
- Season the vegan lentil soup with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the soup with parsley just before serving.
Notice: If you use saucepans, you need to cook them in a separate pot in plenty of water for about 40 minutes until soft. Add them to the vegan slow soup as soon as the vegetables are tender. Beluga lentils and mountain lentils have a significantly shorter cooking time. So you can cook them together with the vegetables.
Tip: If you like creamy soups or prefer to use red lentils for the vegan lentil soup, you can clean them with a hand mixer before sprinkling with parsley.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to sources of supply are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the income from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!