Minestrone is an Italian-style vegetable soup. Depending on the season, you can also prepare the classic minestrone recipe with your favorite vegetables and refine it as you wish.
Minestrone means something like “thick soup” in Italian. Why? Because it not only contains a lot of delicious vegetables, but also fills you up. This is traditionally assured by Borlotti beans and potatoes and depending on the region rice, pasta or roasted bread. You can also modify the minestrone recipe to your liking. The soup tastes especially good if you bring it along homemade vegetable broth prepared and refined with Mediterranean herbs.
Minestrone: The basic recipe
A few ingredients are enough for the basic minestrone recipe. You need this for four servings of minestrone:
- 1 strain
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of green people (Poreo, carrots, celery)
- approx. 300 g tomatoes (outside the season you can a few tablespoons tomato paste use)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar if necessary
- approx. 750 ml vegetable supply
- 250 g cooked beans (borlotti beans are best, but white beans are also delicious)
- salt and pepper
Tip: Use organic ingredients whenever possible. This way you avoid pesticides and don’t have to peel the carrots.
How to prepare the minestrone in about 45 minutes:
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic cloves.
- Wash and cut the leeks and cut into rings.
- Wash the carrots and cut them into small cubes.
- Wash the celery, remove wooden and brown parts and cut it into cubes as well.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the stem and cut them into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- Saute the onions until translucent.
- Add the garlic and greens and fry the vegetables for a few minutes – they should brown a bit.
- If you like, sprinkle the vegetables with a little sugar and let it caramelize briefly.
- Put the tomatoes in the pot and fry them briefly.
- Pour the vegetable broth, put a lid on the pot and let the soup boil for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Add the cooked beans to the soup. Season the soup with salt, pepper and, if necessary, some sugar.
The minestrone is going especially well homemade ciabatta bread.
Delicious variety tips for minestrone
Because the basic recipe for minestrone is very simple, you can enrich it with other ingredients. Here are some ideas:
- Add depending on the season other vegetables added. In autumn and winter, for example savojo on, at the beginning of summer Peas and summer pumpkinfried eggplants or pepper.
- With Mediterranean herbs refined, the soup tastes twice as good. You can add oregano, thyme, sage or rosemary along with the vegetable broth – fine herbs like basil or parsley, on the other hand, preferably at the end. Also a Laurfolio and some fennel seeds give a spicy aroma.
- more filling becomes the soup if you add cooked noodles or rice at the end. Or you cook sliced potatoes in the minestrone.
- Especially delicious topping is for minestrone homemade plague. This is how the soup is served, for example, in Genoa. It’s different too Parmesan a popular outfit – but you should buy this only in organic quality.
Read more at utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to sources of supply are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the income from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!