Mustard soup is great for the cold season and is quickly made. You can make them from local ingredients. Here you can find out how to make the mustard soup – whether classic or vegan.
The most important ingredient for a good mustard soup is spicy mustard. Mustard is made from the aromatic mustard seeds. Along with a few other ingredients, it forms the basis for the mustard soup. It is quick to cook and is very suitable for autumn and winter cuisine, as its kind spice has a warming and stimulating effect.
The classic recipe for the soup contains dairy products. But even as a vegan you can enjoy the mustard soup with our prep tips. Both variants can be made from regional products.
Cream mustard soup: a regional recipe
For this recipe you need a warm and sweet mustard.
Tip: Try the soup with a particularly unusual kind of mustard, for example homemade orange mustard, mustard pear or FIG mustard. These specialties give your soup a surprisingly fruity aroma.
Spicy mustard soup
- Preparation: about 35 minutes
- Crowd: 4 part (s)
1 pinch (s)
1 pinch (s)
Cut the potatoes and onion into small cubes, the leek into thin rings.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the vegetables in it for 5 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth and cream to the vegetables, let it all boil briefly and then boil gently over medium heat for 15 minutes.
Add the medium mustard, sweet mustard, salt and pepper to the soup. Let the soup cook for another five to ten minutes.
Clean the soup with a hand mixer.
Wash and chop the parsley very finely. Mix them with the mustard soup before serving.
Tip: Serve with the soup homemade croutons and sprinkle them with fresh herbs your choice.
Mustard soup: The vegan version
If you eat vegan, you don’t have to do without the delicious mustard soup. Simply replace the animal products in the recipe with plant-based alternatives:
- Use butter instead vegan margarine. Alternatively, you can also include the vegetables vegetable cooking oil brazi.
- Cream makes the soup creamy. Suitable as an alternative vegan cream. You can buy creamy substitutes made from oats in health foods or Make your own oatmeal.
Regional ingredients for your mustard soup
Use ingredients for your mustard soup regional cultivation. This saves you long transportation routes and supports local agriculture. Also, be careful while shopping organic quality. Organic seal, as of demetra, natural earth or organic soilcharacterizes fresh products that are free of chemical-synthetic pesticides is. This is healthy for you and the environment. Especially with dairy products, it is important that you pay attention to organic origin. In this way you support more species-appropriate breeding of the animals.
You can buy regional products at the weekly market or in the grocery store – or you can grow them yourself. In our guide articles you will find tips and information on:
- The French Dijon mustard is one of the most unusual types of mustard. But many delicious mustard varieties also grow in the home garden. plant mustard you can easily do that yourself.The whole thing mustard seeds are used in various ways in the kitchen and home pharmacy. Also make your own mustard is a lightweight and sustainable alternative to store-bought products.
- You can get cheap potatoes from organic farming in your area. But you can also do it in your own garden to plant potatoes.
- Also porous and onions to grow beautifully in the home garden.
- Vegetable broth gives the soup a delicious taste. Make your own vegetable broth it is light and delicious. Use fresh local ingredients.
- Fresh herbs such as Parselo, growth or onion. You can easily grow all three in the garden or on the balcony.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to sources of supply are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the income from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!