Ingredients for the puree
Peel the potatoes. Salt the boiling water generously and cook the potatoes in it for about 40 minutes (depending on their size). Drain in a colander for about 5 minutes. Squeeze through a potato blender or twist a vigorous lot and return to the pot. Heat the milk and stir the butter into the potatoes. Mix the milk slowly until you get the right consistency. Season with salt and nutmeg.
Bases for a perfect puree:
– Use floured potatoes to make the puree light and fluffy.
– You can also use a potato machine instead of a printer. But the puree is not so loose.
– The potatoes must be processed hot, otherwise there is a risk that the puree will become sticky.
– Do not use a blender. Otherwise the puree will be sticky and viscous.
– Follow the order of the preparation steps and slowly add the milk. It emulsifies with the potato snow and you can see how it gradually tightens.
– Use regional potatoes, the best ones come from the north.
Ingredients for beans:
Clean the beans and cut off the ends. Heat salted water and cook the beans over low heat for about 15 minutes, drain and wash. Peel and finely chop the shallots. Wash, dry and finely chop the flavor. Heat the butter in a saucepan or pan and sauté the shallots until translucent. Add the beans, toss and heat. Finally bring in the flavor.
Ingredients for the butter:
Finely chop bacon and shallots. Heat a saucepan or deep frying pan and drain the bacon in it. Stir the shallots in the piece of bacon until colorless. Pour in the wine and let it boil. Pour in the broth (mud or vegetable broth) and let it boil slightly. Add the cream and reduce again. Add a few pieces of cold butter to the sauce and mix with a glaze until fluffy.
Ingredients for fish:
Clean and slice the cod fillet. Season generously with salt and pepper and lightly flour the skin side. Heat vegetable oil in a pan and fry the cod fillets until they are crispy on the skin side until they are about half-cooked inside. Turn and add the butter. Reduce heat and bring the fillets to a boil over low heat. If you like, you can add herbs like thyme or some garlic to the pan.