- Popular spice: This is curry
- Various Colors of the curry
Currants are not only eaten with pleasure in their home countries: they can now be found in many restaurants. across the world curry dishes. Depending on the ingredients of the curry paste, the color of the final dish differs.
Running colors: That makes the difference
Basically, curry is a mixture of spices that is Indian inspired. The English gave the spice its final name. The curry known today is a stew, which is prepared from vegetables, fish, meat or tofu, among others, and a velvety sauce made from many intense spices. The name of the dish comes from the Indian dish “kari”. With the term “caries” is and the curry paste, the dish and the powdered spice designated.
If you like curry, you know: There is green, red and yellow curry. The color is given to the dish by the curry paste. The significant feature among the three curry pastas is the degree of sharpness.
Green pasta traditionally contains green peppersduring the red dough red peppers contains and the yellow curry powder shows its color turmeric receives. Of the three curry pastes, the green is the warmest and the yellow is the mildest.
Positive effects on health
In curry dough is typically close by Capsules Garlic, Shalots, Galangal (Thai ginger), roasted coriander seeds, coriander root, grated limestone, lemon grass and shrimp paste to contain. Red curry paste uses red, dried peppers as well as roasted cumin seeds and green peppercorns. The yellow curry paste contains softer peppers and, in addition to the typical ingredients, usually cumin seeds, garlic, cinnamon, hulls and turmeric.
Top rated: See Ankerkraut Hamburger Hafencurry on Amazon
All these ingredients can have a positive impact on our health. Regular consumption of curry, for example, is said to promote digestion, have an anti-inflammatory effect, strengthen the immune system and stabilize cholesterol levels.
When it comes to making healthy curry, however, the ingredients are crucial: many of them fresh and good quality ingredients usually make a curry dish much tastier and unusual.
Inspiration for a curry recipe
If you want to cook your own curry dish, you should Use spices very sparingly at first. Depending on individual taste, the intensity of the spice can quickly become too strong. Spit again and again can help find the right level of spice and not exaggerate it.
As a beginner, you can’t go wrong with classic chicken and vegetable curry. For four people you need the following ingredients:
- 1 pepper
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 200 grams of mushrooms
- 350 g chicken fillet
- 150 g basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 200 g green beans, frozen
- some parsley
Now do the following:
- Wash and cut both the peppers and the spring onions into pieces. Then clean the mushrooms and quarter them.
- Now wash the chicken and cut it into cubes. You can prepare the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meat cubes in it. Then take the pieces out of the pan, separate them and fry the mushrooms and peppers in the fried fat.
- After a while you can deglaze the vegetables with the coconut milk and 250 milliliters of water and mix the curry paste. Everything should boil for about 5 minutes before adding the bald spots, meat and beans.
- After a cooking time of an additional 5 minutes you can spread the parsley on top, season your curry with salt and serve everything with rice.
Your own curry is ready. Enjoy your meal!
Tip: Here you will find another delicious recipe for red curry with chicken and rice.
* Note: In the newsroom we are always looking for useful products for our readers. The links provided in this article and marked with a shopping cart symbol or asterisk are so-called affiliate links / advertising links. If you click or make a purchase through one of these links, we receive a commission from the retailer. This does not change the price for you. Our editorial reporting is essentially independent of the existence or amount of commission.