Ribollita is an Italian specialty that does not contain animal products. Now read where the vegetable soup comes from and how you can prepare it.
The ingredients for the Italian Ribollita
“Ribollita” is a vegetable soup that has its roots in Tuscany. This soup was originally intended to use the remnants of the previous day. A special feature of the Ribollita is that the soup bowl is lined with old slices of bread that can be recycled in this way.
You need the following ingredients for 4 parts of Ribollita:
- 250 grams of white beans
- 1 liter of water
- 1 strain
- 1 garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 200 grams of carrots
- 100 grams of potatoes
- 250 g of cabbage
- 1 stick of celery
- 200 grams of tomatoes
- 600 ml vegetable broth
- salt and black pepper
- 1 ciabatta
Buy your Ribollita ingredients in organic quality. So you can be sure that the products do not contain artificial pesticides are included. Instead of buying them at the supermarket, it’s worth visiting your local organic store or market. This way you support regional providers.
Do Ribollita yourself: This is how you succeed
Plan about 40 minutes to prepare the ribollita. However, you should soak the beans the night before. Here’s how to cook your ribollito step by step:
- Soak the beans in a bowl full of water overnight.
- Boil the white beans for about 1 hour on low heat until tender.
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut them into small pieces.
- Fry the onion and garlic with a little olive oil.
- Wash the thyme, dry it and peel the individual leaves.
- Add the thyme leaves to the pan.
- peel the carrots and potatoes and cut them.
- Peel the cabbage, celery and tomatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Give the carrots, the potatoes, the cabbage, the celery and the tomatoes also into the pan and let everything boil for another 10 minutes until the savory cabbage has collapsed.
- Toss the soup with the vegetable broth and let it boil for another 20 minutes.
- Mix half of the beans and add both the peeled and unpeeled beans to the remaining vegetable soup and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season the ribollita with salt and pepper.
- Place 1-2 slices of dry bread on each plate and serve the finished ribollita on top.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to sources of supply are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the income from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!