Turkish lentil soup is an exotic change from traditional lentil soup. With our simple recipe you can prepare the delicious meal in your own kitchen.
You need this for the Turkish slow soup
Lentil soup is one of your favorite dishes, but do you still want to try something new? Then try this recipe for Turkish Lentil Soup. What’s special about it? Instead of conventional flat lenses Red lenses used – and lots of spices.
For two servings you need these ingredients:
Serious: Buy the ingredients for your Turkish slow soup organic seal. It is best to also pay attention to this when using exotic ingredients Fair trade seal. This way you avoid synthetic insecticides and maintain fair working conditions in the crops.
You don’t need unusual kitchen equipment to prepare the soup. You should only have a hand blender ready.
Prepare Turkish lentil soup: Here’s how
The long list of ingredients is misleading: it doesn’t take much time or experience to prepare Turkish lentil soup. This is how it is done:
- Peel the onions, garlic and carrot and cut everything into small pieces.
- Wash the mint and chop it as finely as possible.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion pieces. Saute them until translucent, then add the garlic.
- Wash the tomatoes and remove the stem. Quarter them and add them to the pot along with the tomato paste. Add most of the mint as well.
- After about two minutes, add the carrot pieces, cumin and paprika powder. Fry the whole thing for five minutes. Move often so that nothing burns.
- Wash the red lentils and add them to the pot with the vegetable broth.
- Cook the soup over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the lentils are soft and puffy, you can clean the soup.
- Season the Turkish lentil soup with chili peppers, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Divide the soup between plates and garnish with the remaining mint.
Tip: Baked at home also tastes good baguette or bread.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to sources of supply are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the income from the sale. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!